An article I started to read today but have yet to finish is Betrayal and the Loss of Faith by Dan Allendar as well . Since I’m reading it and like it so far I thought I’d share it with you.
One of the many lovely songs from Over the Rhine
(I randomly found the picture of the little singing animal- so cute!!)
Away From Her 04/20/2009
today i started watching Away From Her. so far, i strongly recommend it.
…an article from the director- Sarah Polley
…first paragraph from the synopsis:
Away From Her is a beautifully moving love story that deals with memory and the circuitous, unnamable paths of a long marriage. Married for 50 years, Grant and Fiona’s commitment to each other appears unwavering, and their everyday life is full of tenderness and humour. This serenity is broken only by the occasional, carefully restrained reference to the past, giving a sense that this marriage may not always have been such a fairy tale. This tendency of Fiona’s to make such references, along with her increasingly evident memory loss, creates a tension that is usually brushed off casually by both of them. As the lapses become more obvious and dramatic, it is no longer possible for either of them to ignore the fact that Fiona is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
Spring Photo Contest! 04/07/2009
Two of my friends are doing a Photo Contest! Join in on the fun!
Here is the info:
A Photo Contest of The Dassler Effect , Forest Park 365, and Edward Crim Photography
Theme: “Evoking Spring.” Photos needn’t be “about” any particular subject. They simply need to accomplish the theme. You decide how to do that.
Deadline: Thursday, April 30th, 2009, when all photos will be posted on The Dassler Effect in the order submitted, without the names of the photographers.
Announcement of Winners: Friday, May 15th, 2009 on The Dassler Effect. All photos will be tagged with photographer infomation.
Judges: Judging will be done by an as-yet-to-be-determined panel of 4 or 5 judges with good eyes. Ed Crim will serve as the head judge, with a double weighted score. Judges will assign each photo a score between 1 and 10. The pictures accumulating the 4 highest point totals, respectively, win.
* 1st: $100
* 2nd: $20
* 2 Honorable Mentions
* Photos must be 500 pixels by…well, not quite infinity, but any heigth reasonable enough for blog viewing (500 pixels is the width off most of the pixtures on The Dassler Effect and any pictures submitted which are larger will be reduced to this size).
* Photos may only have undergone post-processing in the following areas: brightness, contrast, noise reduction, sharpness, saturation, color balance, curves, levels adjustments, dust spotting ,and cropping.
* Email your photo as an attachment with your name, your picture title, your location (city and country), and your blog address if desired.
* If a recognizable person appears in your photo, you must have them fill out this modeling contract and mail it in. Email for snail mail address.
* One photo per contestant please.
* Non-digital photos will be accepted if mailed in time to be scanned. Email for snail mail address.
* The Dassler Effect retains the right to not accept any submission. I do not forsee a problem here, by the way. However, I simply need to give myself some wiggle room.
Also, see this link on Neil’s Blog for the rest of the information.